We are currently finalizing rules - these rules are subject to change.
Age Groups and Events: All ages as of May 1, of current year.
*New ASSA rule: Minimum age for swimmers is 4 years old as of the above date cutoff. No swimmer shall be entered into a swim meet unless they are able to swim 25M unassisted.
Note: No swimmer may move age groups for individual events, they may move up for relays.
Note: There is a category for Para Swimmers.
Open registration - no limit on the number of athletes from each region.
No limit on relay entries.
No limit on number of Family Relay teams entered per region.
NEW 2018 ASSA RULES:
Note: Regional Directors must submit registrations (including events) for non-swim club (ASSA) members to Heidi Hofer at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 25th, 2018.
Heats will commence in the morning with the finals following in the afternoon.
Some heats with 5 or less swimmers may go straight to finals at the scheduled final time in the afternoon.
The 400M Freestyle and relay events will be swam as timed finals.
Rules and Regulations:
1. Swimming/Natation Canada (SNC) and ASSA Rules and Regulations will be in effect unless in conflict with specified SASG rules.
2. Each Summer Swim Club in the region must supply officials in proportion to the number of swimmers attending from their club.
3. Any swimmer who is late or otherwise absent for their event shall be eliminated by default from that event.
4. Every athlete must be able to provide appropriate identification specifying age and residence at all times. All swimmers must also be able to present their ASSA, Swim Alberta affiliation number upon request.
5. Swimmers may compete in 4 individual events and 2 relays (medley and free).
6. All Individual and Relay entries must be submitted through the ASSA website by swim club coaches. Date TBD.
7. Scratches must be received by 8 am both days. Relay changes must be approved by the Meet Manager and Referee.
8. Mixed Gender Relay teams must consist of 2 males and 2 females.
Registration Deadline as designated by your Regional Director
All registrations are done through your Regional Director, who will determine the Regional Deadline. The registration fee must also be submitted to your Regional Director. Signed consent forms must accompany the waivers.
No late registrations will be accepted.
Events will be cancelled if there are one or less individuals or teams registered. Should any event be cancelled due to lack of registrations, the athletes being affected by the cancellation will be given opportunity to re-register in another suitable category provided that the event is scheduled to run.
Swim Club coaches will be responsible for entering swimmers for individual and relay events through the ASSA website. Date TBD. The only exception is the family relay.
Please come prepared to be outdoors for both days of the event. Grass areas will be available to set up tents.