Updated: March 20/2018
Date: July 4-7, 2018
Time: Medal Ceremony TBD Display Open Daily: TBD
Click here for printable rules.
Click here for printable photograph label.
Open registration - no limit on the number of athletes from each region.
All photographs will be judged prior to the Games with medals for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in all categories and age groups. The Judges’ decisions are final. All photographs will be displayed during the Games.
Events and Age Groups: All ages as of December 31, of current year
- 12 years and under
- 13 - 17 years old
- 18 years and over
- Sport - action photos
- My Home Town - scenic photos of Southern Alberta
- People - portrait, families (any photo with people)
- Animals - pets, wildlife
- Outdoors - nature, flowers
- Digital Manipulation (creative retouching) - using computer software to for creative retouching and manipulation purposes including the use of including filters or combining multiple images (composites). Not including manipulation for photo restoration or enhancement (adjusting colors / contrast / white balance (i.e. gradational retouching), sharpness, noise, removing elements or visible flaws on skin or materials, ...)
- Professional - photos by individuals who take photographs as their profession
- History of the Games (Non-judged, display only) - photos of the games over the years
Rules and Regulations:
- Each exhibitor may enter a total of three (3) prints, with only one print per category.
- Prints can be in colour, black and white, or a combination of both: a combination of both may be entered in the Digital Manipulation category ONLY.
- Prints Format sizing 8” x 10” ONLY.
- All prints MUST be mounted on STURDY white poster or mat board with a one (1) inch border for Tacking.
- No frames and/or glass.
- All prints must be labeled on the BACK with the photography label form including entries name, address, Region, age group, category and subject. Entries with names on the front will NOT be accepted.
- Professional photos will be eligible for judging only in the professional category.
- A registration form must be submitted for each competitor.
- The exhibitor must have taken the photos.
- Photos must be suitable for viewing by the general public regardless of age.
- Photos will be returned to the Regional Director (or local recreation department) where they can be picked up after the games.
- Reasonable care will be taken in caring for the prints and the exhibit will be supervised however, the committee will not be responsible for loss or damage.
- Photos that have been entered in previous Games are not eligible.
- Cropping of photos is permitted, tonal or colour corrections are acceptable.
- Content alteration, digital manipulation (including filters), combining multiple images (composites) is permitted in the digital category only.
- All components/elements of composite images must have been taken by the photographer submitting the image.
Registration Deadline as designated by your Regional Director
All registrations are done through your Regional Director, who will determine the Regional Deadline. The registration fee must also be submitted to your Regional Director. Signed consent forms must accompany the waivers.
No late registrations will be accepted.
Events will be cancelled if there are one or less individuals or teams registered. Should any event be cancelled due to lack of registrations, the athletes being affected by the cancellation will be given an opportunity to re-register in another suitable category provided that event is scheduled to run.