UPDATED: May 17/2016 Date: July 6 & 7 Location: Readymade Community Centre (Hwy 512 east of Lethbridge) Wednesday Road Race Under 12 - Warm Up: 9:30am Start: 10:15am Over 13 - Warm Up: 12:00pm Start: 12:45pm
Events and Age Groups: All ages as of December 31st of the current year
Road Race Time Trials
12 and under 12 and Under Boys/Girls under 8 yrs - 2 km Boys/Girls under 8 years - 2 km Boys/Girls 8-10 yrs - 6 km Boys/Girls 8-10 years - 4 km Boys/Girls 11-12 yrs - 8 km Boys/Girls 11-12 years - 6 km
13 and Over 13 and Over Cadet Boys/Girls 13-14 yrs - 20km Cadet Boys/Girls 13-14 yrs - 10 km Junior Boys/Girls 15-17 yrs - 20 km Junior Boys/Girls 15-17 - 10 km Senior Men/Women 18-34 yrs - 20 km Senior Men/Women 18-34 - 10 km Veteran Men/Women 35-49 - 20 km Veteran Men/Women 35-49 - 10 km Masters Men/Women 50+ - 20 km Masters Men/Women 50+ - 10 km
Relays – 4 km (4 X 1km each) Friday, July 10 Co-Ed Under 10 years Co-Ed 11-17 years Men 18 years and older Women 18 years and older Senior Mixed 35 years and older (2 men & 2 women) Family Relay The relay is run as a family relay and there must be at least one parent and two immediate family members on the team. Each team may “adopt” 1 extra family member under the age of 18 years to complete the team.
Regional Representation: Open – no limit to participation from any region.
Rules and Regulations:
• Competitors are entitled to enter both the Road Race and Time Trials.
• Each competitor’s name cannot be entered in more than the allowed events on the official registration form as either a regular or alternate competitor.
•Helmets are mandatory and must be strapped on. It is required that each competitor wear a safety approved bicycle helmet (Snell, ANSI or CSA approved). Competitors must wear proper clothing (shirt and shoes with pants or shorts). Long pants must be taped to as not to catch the chain.
• Toe clips or clipless pedals are suggested. Touring levers on brakes will not be allowed.
• All bicycles must be in good working order. In particular, bikes must have:
• No loose parts
•Proper brake operation
• No frayed brake cables
•Proper tire pressure
• Bicycle must be in sound mechanical condition – no mechanics provided
• No training wheels will be allowed
• If necessary, starting position will be determined by a draw.
• All participants must be present 1 hour prior to the event start time indicated on the schedule. Anyone late or not present for their event will be eliminated by default.
• The Southern Alberta Summer Games has a Zero Tolerance Harassment Policy. If a competitor, parent or spectator is abusive in any way to officials, co-competitors or volunteers they will be immediately ejected from the competition.
• Every athlete must be able to produce appropriate identification at all times.
• In team races, should a tie occur each team must select a person from their team to ride a one-on-one 1-lap tie-breaker.
• In Relays and Time Trials, riders may have an assistant to hold them up for the start.
• Aero bars cannot be used during the road race.
• Once the riders have started their sprint to the finish line, they must remain riding in a straight line.
• In the 8-10 and 8 and under categories, the boys and girls may be combined if registration numbers are low.
Registration Deadline as designated by your Regional Director
All registrations are done through your Regional Director, who will determine the Regional Deadline. The registration fee must also be submitted to your Regional Director. Signed consent forms must accompany the waivers. No late registrations will be accepted.
Events will be cancelled if there are one or less individuals or teams registered. Should any event be cancelled due to lack of registrations, the athletes being affected by the cancellation will be given an opportunity to re-register in another suitable category provided that event is scheduled to run.