Updated: July 11/2017
Click here for printable Map.
Events and Age Groups: All ages as of December 31st of current year.
|Gender||Age||Teams||Net Height||Date of Tournament|
|Boys||Juvenile 14-16||2 on 2||2.24 Meters||July 6|
|Girls||Juvenile 14-16||2 on 2||2.24 Meters||July 6|
|Men||17 years and over||2 on 2||2.43 Meters||July 7|
|Women||17 years and over||2 on 2||2.24 Meters||July 7|
|Co-Ed||Open||4 on 4||2.35 Meters||July 8|
Two teams per region per event.
|Team Size||Max/Min Team Size||Coaching/Management||Miscellaneous|
2 on 2
|3 max |
|1 coach/1 manager||N/A|
|4 on 4||6 max |
|N/A||2 males and 2 females on the court at all times|
Rules and Regulations:
Competition will be governed by the Canadian Volleyball Association rules for beach volleyball.
1. Each team is allowed one 30 second time out per game.
2. The first contact for a team following a serve may be a clean set or bump.
3. Teams must be present 15 minutes prior to the match starting time indicated on the schedule. Any team not present for
their event will forfeit the match.
4. Every athlete must be able to produce appropriate identification at all times.
5. Players are allowed to play on either one of the boy’s team or one girl’s team plus one co-ed team.
6. Format will consist of division round robin play. Best of 3 games (2 game match with each game played to 21 points, with a
2 point advantage needed to win. If third game required, then to 15 points with a 2 point advantage needed). After every 7
points played, the teams must switch courts immediately (5 points in game 3). A rally point scoring method will be used.
Then the playoff will include the top 4 teams. The Beach Volleyball Sport Chair reserves the right to change this format,
depending on the number of teams registered.
7. Please bring your own volleyballs for your team warm-up.
8. Emphasis is on fun and fair-play - please recognize proper game etiquette.
9. The first team to 21 points wins the game. Tie breaking procedure: If 2 or more teams are tied at the end of the
preliminary round, the following criteria will be applied, in order:
1) The team having the best ratio of won/lost matches, considering matches between the tied teams, will be ranked
2) The team having the best ratio of won/lost games, considering matches played between tied teams, will
be ranked higher.
3) The team having the best ratio of won/lost games, considering all matches of the round, will be ranked higher.
4) The team having the best ratio of points for/against, considering games played between the tied teams, will be
5) The ream having the best ratio of points for/against, considering all games played during the round will be
6) Due to unfavorable weather or time restrictions, game chair at their discretion can alter the schedule or points
Registration Deadline as designated by your Regional Director
All registrations are done through your Regional Director, who will determine the Regional Deadline. The registration fee must also be submitted to your Regional Director. Signed consent forms must accompany the waivers.
No late registrations will be accepted.
Events will be cancelled if there are one or less individuals or teams registered. Should any event be cancelled due to lack of registrations, the athletes being affected by the cancellation will be given an opportunity to re-register in another suitable category provided that event is scheduled to run.