5 Pin Bowling
Updated: April 18/2018
Date: Friday, July 6th, 2018
Location: Taber Bowling Centre - 5411 64 Ave Taber, AB 403-223-8822
Time: Check in: TBD Start: TBD
Click here for printable rules.
Click here for printable map.
Age Groups and Events: All ages as of December 31 of current year.
Four (4) player teams:
- Youth - members must all be 18 years and under
- Adult - members must all be 19 years and over
- Open - members may be of any age, with at least 1 youth and 1 adult on each team
Open registration - no limit on the number of athletes from each region.
Maximum of 24 teams
Guaranteed 3 games
Total Pinfall Over/Under Average
All bowlers are required to pay an entry fee of $10.00 upon arrival at the Bowling Centre the morning of the event. Fee includes shoe rental.
Rules and Regulations:
- Rules according to the Canadian 5 Pin Bowlers Association.
- Every Athlete must be able to produce appropriate identification at all times.
- Players must submit a bowling average with their registration form to their Regional Director by the registration deadline.
- League bowlers must use their current league average. New bowlers must get a minimum 3 game average from their local bowling alley.
- Scores will be tabulated after three games, pins over/under their submitted average.
- Each team foursomes will have their individual pins over/under average combined for a total score. Medals for each category will be awarded based on these combined totals.
- In the case of a tie between teams, all members of both teams will participate in a 3 frame roll off of their 8th, 9th, and 10th frames.
- The penalty for committing a foul shall be a deduction of 15 points from the bowler’s total score. When a foul is committed the pins bowled down shall still be counted in the typical fashion.
- The foul line will be refereed by either electronic system or a foul line referee.
- Computer scoring will be utilized; however, a lane referee will be assigned as needed.
- The rules of the facility must be respected at all time.
- Players must wear bowling foot wear (rental shoes are included with bowling entry fee).
- The 2018 Southern Alberta Summer Games has a Zero Tolerance Policy. If a competitor, spectator, or parent is abusive in any regard toward officials, co-competitors, or volunteers, they will be immediately disqualified from competition.
Registration Deadline as designated by your Regional Director
All registrations are done through your Regional Director, who will determine the Regional Deadline. The registration fee must also be submitted to your Regional Director. Signed consent forms must accompany the waivers.
No late registrations will be accepted.
Events will be cancelled if there are one or less individuals or teams registered. Should any event be cancelled due to lack of registrations, the athletes being affected by the cancellation will be given opportunity to re-register in another suitable category provided that the event is scheduled to run.